Clements Family

Jason, Natalie, Nicole, Caleb, McKay, & Brooke



Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our First Scare

Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I was having a lot of contractions even on the Nifedipine. I would take it and within an hour I was already having contractions. By Wednesday morning I was having them every three to five minutes and I did everything they told me to do-lay on my left side for an hour and drink lots of water, but they kept coming regularly. I called Labor & Delivery and they said even if I was having 3 or more an hour on the medication I definately needed to come in. I got hooked up to the contraction monitor and was having constant contractions. They did some tests and found that I had an infection that could be causing the contractions so gave me an antibiotic for that. They also did a Fetal Fibronectin that came back negative which predicts pretty accurately that I won't go into labor in the next two weeks. They increased my Nifedipine to every 4 hours, the most you can take, so hopefully we'll have an uneventful next few weeks. Because the fetal fibronectin came back negative, they sent me home. I realized how much better it is to be home than in the hospital. It's no easy task trying to hold completely still for hours with three heart beat monitors and a contraction monitor. If I moved at all we'd lose at least one baby's heart beat. So I'm now resting "comfortably" at home.

3 comments:

  1. How scarey! I am glad that your babies aren't ready to come yet, hopefully you will be able to hold on to them for a little while longer. Good Luck and if you need any movies I would be happy to bring you some. We have a ton of movies and TV series, so let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear everything is okay. Isn't it weird to be having regular painful (not just braxton hicks) contractions and not be in labor? We have had this scare a couple times now too and it makes me wonder if I will know when I am in labor now. I had the fetal fibronectin test at 25 weeks. It was quite an expensive test, but I was really grateful for the peace of mind it gave me! Once again, I think you are a real trooper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work at Timpanogos and on Med/Surg so there is no way I would run into you. Anyways we own Friends, Seinfield, The Office, The OC (I like it but a little raunchy), and a few seasons of Everybody Loves Raymond. Anyways you are more than welcome to borrow any of them, just let us know.

    ReplyDelete